Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's go clambering!

Let's go clambering!

Hello goodly fellows...

Anyone care to join me in scaling a few heights?

ScreenShot_11_10_2013-17-48-06.jpg

ScreenShot_13_10_2013-17-49-07.jpg

ScreenShot_15_10_2013-14-27-59.jpg

ScreenShot_15_10_2013-14-28-05.jpg

ScreenShot_15_10_2013-14-29-15.jpg

Some, like the fens bungalow, are easy to jump up onto. Others can be reached by climbing trees.

Now, has anyone tried jumping onto the balloon?!

I was just wondering if I was the only person trying this yesterday. I was actually on one in the mountain region shooting down at the robots yesterday. I'd shoot duck to the one side to hide then come back over and shoot some more. Just messing around. How are you climbing the trees?

Big Robot Developer
    Good work. I recently scaled an electricity Pylon in the new Industrial biome to avoid a dog. All very Tremors...

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyrum View Post
    How are you climbing the trees?
    Just jump at them and if they're a bit slopey (at an angle) you can "stick" and keep jumping up.

Quote Originally Posted by James Carey View Post
    Good work. I recently scaled an electricity Pylon in the new Industrial biome to avoid a dog. All very Tremors...
    Hmmm... looking forward to trying that If I can get on the roof of one of those industrial buildings I could live up there!
    Last edited by LordLuvverly; 10-15-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLuvverly View Post
    Hmmm... looking forward to trying that If I can get on the roof of one of those industrial buildings I could live up there!
    Just that pesky vitality thing. Bring ammo and cooked meat and a trombone for fun! I actually took someone's advice and was just blowing away on the trombone running away the other day. Just to be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyrum View Post
    Just that pesky vitality thing. Bring ammo and cooked meat and a trombone for fun!
    Well those buildings look big enough that you could stay out of sight on the roof... so after attracting all the robots with a nice long trombone solo... oops, I dropped my dynamite

Everyone knows that without percussions a trombone is useless!

ScreenShot_15_10_2013-16-02-59.jpg
    Just imagine I'm playing the theme from The Love Boat.

I had a good spot of clambering yesterday, after seeing this thread. I came upon a mansion in a mountain biome situated next to a cliff. I jumped onto the roof, walked along the peak and was able to hop up onto one of the chimneys.

I started to play the trombone. Group after group of hunters arrived down at ground level, with none appearing to take notice of me, and in short order an internecine skirmish broke out, followed later by others. I couldn't see the space directly adjacent to the house from my vantage point, so I missed some of the action. But I did notice a few interesting things taking place:

At one point a group of 3 hunters approached. I heard a single BANG from a shot out of my view, and then all 3 dropped dead in exact unison! Clap clap! Very nice!

Although I didn't notice any of the hunters directly firing at me on my high perch, a couple of times in the space of 15 minutes or so I was hit with glancing fire. I surmise I was in the cone of fire of hunters some distance away, firing at an object on the ground. That got me wondering whether the 'bots thought they were firing at me at my x-y coordinate based on my trombone playing, but at the wrong z value (ground vs. chimney). I concluded probably not, since in that case I think I would have been hit by stray fire more often. My guess is that the hunters were attracted by the noise of the 'bone, but held their fire (except for each other) since they couldn't see me. And here we thought only human players are vertically challenged in videogames!

One last observation: in my entire time on the chimney, none of the 'bots pathed to the top of the cliff that I jumped onto the roof from. If they had done so, I would have been a sitting duck.

Fun stuff!