Thread: Question about the Spotter

Question about the Spotter

I was thinking about the spotter NPC and i'm really excited to see it in action, but that got me wondering. Since it is supposed to be flying above in a balloon, would it be possible to shoot the balloon down?

Would it be possible to capture this balloon? Or would that make it too easy to escape?

That sounds like it could be pretty cool, it'd be a fun way to take in the scenery and maybe plan out where you would want to go next.

Provided you had the ability / materials to patch up the balloon. or maybe catch one on the ground?
    Last edited by Reede; 11-13-2012 at 08:47 PM.

I can't figure out any way you can capture balloon... (Well, with that strange octopus from end of KS trailer maybe, but I'm not quite sure octopus can be trained to fetch hot-air balloons)

I guess if you could shoot it down, it would slowly lose altitude that you could track? Or maybe you could come across a robot making a quick pit stop and catch him unaware.

Lay out a decoy in an open area, like a scarecrow. Wait til the balloon lands and they investigate. Hop in and pip pip old bean.

Quote Originally Posted by DocX View Post
    Lay out a decoy in an open area, like a scarecrow. Wait til the balloon lands and they investigate. Hop in and pip pip old bean.
    This is along the lines I was thinking (if it will land in the final game), but if patch materials were available shooting it down would be another option. If we're allowed to shoot it down.

You would have trouble re-inflating the balloon though. Without a butler, I doubt it would be feasible.

Getting it to ground is not a problem. Getting it up to air again... By the way I don't believe spotter would land to investigate, he is supposed just to warn his fellows. (Not to mention that hot-air balloon is not really navigatable.)

How will the spotter warn his friends ? By radio, or maybe pennants ?