Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions And Answers

I too am interested in the hitscan/more physics based bullets question. I'm also just generally wondering about what the regular updates will look like in the new year?

I am incredibly excited for this to be out and it seems like the community here is comprised almost entirely of stand up people. Cheers!

Are you guys using the latest version of Unity? If so is the game going to have DX11 support or is it going to be solely DX9?

Can you entirely lie down prone or is there only crouch?

Edit: Oh, and I'm really excited for the updates starting this week.
    Last edited by Zona; 01-13-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Big Robot Developer
    Re: ballistics - We're using hitscan for shotty, rifle and pistol (with accuracy modified by stance and sights use) but obviously throwable stuff like bottles and explosives use physics.

@Zona
    We are using the latest Unity yes, but no plans for DX11-only features (so no exquisitely wavy wigs for our robots I'm afraid...)
    No prone, only crouch.
    Update this week will be some vid clips of our new hunter animations.

I wanted to ask an Awesome Question but I could not think of one, so I will just ask this other question!

How long does a game of this take? Is it something you can attempt a couple of times in an evening, or is gathering all the pieces of the device and getting off the island an involved campaign spanning several play sessions? (Either way would be good in its own right, I'm just curious). Or is that another thing that depends on how you generate the island?

(I ask this presuming you've gotten to the point where you're playing through full games every now and then).
    Last edited by Berzee; 01-28-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Big Robot Developer
    Depends on how you are playing it, but it will probably end up being a 'several sessions to complete' thing. That's not so say it's some RPGish world that you inhabit and grow in day by day like stalker or skyrim - the design is such that you will have a go at 'completing' a world run (collecting all the pieces of the device to escape), but that it just might take a session or two to accomplish that.

I've noticed while looking through a couple of images that the HUD is sometimes more towards the middle of the screen than the edges. The latest screenshot of the more industrial buildings shows this pretty well. Is there going to be an option to adjust where the HUD elements are on the screen?

Big Robot Developer
    No option to move hud elements I'm afraid, the different postions you've noticed in screens are a combination of hud changes we've made in development, different aspect ratios at which the screen has been capped, and possibly cropping of some shots.

I have been thinking about this for a while, would a certain blue box make a secret appearance in this game or any reference to a time travel doctor of some sorts?

I asked this question on the Kickstarter page too, but not sure how often that is checked. I contributed to the Kickstarter campaign a while back, so I don't remember if this was mentioned or not. Will contributors get early alpha/beta access to the game? If so, are they any plans testing or releases so far? Thanks in advance, really looking forward to this title.

There's a tier for first round beta testing. I don't know if they'll open that up to everyone who pledged/preordered, but I do think I remember something about that.