Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions And Answers

Big Robot Developer
    Re Specs: It's too early to say yet. What we can say is that we're having a bunch of quality options that will allow you to tailor the graphics until you're happy with framerates. Tweaking stuff like viewdistance, LODing range, number of detail objects and so on will help run Sir on lower end machines. Very roughly speaking, we're talking about mid range gaming PCs, not super rigs. Sorry to be so vague at this point, we'll update you when we're a bit further down the line.

Re tea: At the moment tea has the same restorative powers it does in real life. Bucks you up don't you know. We have kicked around the idea of different blends having different effects though...

A question... well more of a request, really: Are there any plans for a Proteus-style mode where there's no enemies? The player can just wander around, enjoying the sights + sounds and soaking it all up. Because that would be brilliant . Maybe as something that unlocks after completing the main game.

I'd also love to see a sandbox/god type mode where things are seen from a top-down perspective and you can spawn robots and items into the world, just to see what emergent stuff the AI does. You could set up a big battle between different factions and watch them duke it out, or create a single robot and mess with its head by triggering sounds in the distance, etc.

As an added bonus, the inevitable machinima would net you some free viral marketing .

Quote Originally Posted by hodge View Post
    A question... well more of a request, really: Are there any plans for a Proteus-style mode where there's no enemies? The player can just wander around, enjoying the sights + sounds and soaking it all up. Because that would be brilliant . Maybe as something that unlocks after completing the main game.
    That sounds like a very good idea. Achievable too, I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by James Carey View Post
    Re visuals: There aren't going to be significant overhauls of visual fidelity no. We plan to replace a few placeholder models and textures (and obviously insert additional stuff), animations are getting a total overhaul and there'll be some more shader tweakery and suchlike but in general the 'look' of the game will be as it is now. Perhaps the videos aren't doing it real justice though, because to me it looks lovely in game. Some of the islands the BCG comes up with are really quite breathtaking...
    Sounds good.

I will agree that your current (alpha stage?) videos do the game absolutely no justice, and it sounds a lot better talking about it than looking at it. I really hope to see some more refined gameplay videos soon.

Big Robot Developer
    @hodge and DocX
    Both of these things are currently possible in the development builds. We have various cheat toggles stop the player being seen and heard so in theory we could leave those in so you can wander around like a ghost. I mean, this is the origin of 'cheats' in games anyway, dev tools for testing stuff left in for end users. I'm sure we'll do this.
    We also have a free flying camera mode that lets us do nice aerial pan shots of the world. We've already discussed leaving this in for the player as well, possibly as a way of looking at the island you've generated using the British Countryside Generator before you play the world. It will need some tweaks to make it 'player ready' though as atm it would allow you to see beforehand where the pieces of the device have been scattered.

Thanks for the reply! That's all sounding wonderful to me. And I agree on the non-cheating point, I'd like to see it as a separate game mode rather than in-game hotkeys.

Hi!
    Will it be possible to get the 40 pound T-shirt level with paypal? Because I would really like the shirt, but I don't have a credit card, and 40 pounds is about as far as I can go on my student budget.
    Second question: will we need to pay extra for international shipping?

Regards,
    Simo

Big Robot Developer
    Hi Simo,

Yes, this will be possible. We didn't update the paypal tiers when we added the new ones to Kickstarter, we'll correct that later today (which will allow you to get the shirt at an affordable tier!).

Quote Originally Posted by James Carey View Post
    Hi Simo,

Yes, this will be possible. We didn't update the paypal tiers when we added the new ones to Kickstarter, we'll correct that later today (which will allow you to get the shirt at an affordable tier!).
    Thanks for your fast reply!
    I live in The Netherlands, should I pay extra for shipping internationally?

Hi, this game is looking great so far! I have a question about buildings in the game. In one of the alpha videos, the player is getting items from a building but can't actually go inside. Will buildings work this way in the final game or will you be able to go inside them?

It's understandable if the BCG makes it impossible to have building interiors, but holing up on the top floor of a pub while the Robots outside search for you is an exciting idea.