Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions And Answers

Big Robot Developer

Questions And Answers

You know what goes well with Questions? Chips. And answers, obviously.

This is the place to ask anything and everything about Sir, You Are Being Hunted. We're trying to keep the forum a bit tidier and provide new readers with a one-stop answer-shop, so if you've got a question, consider posting it here rather than starting your own thread. Ta!

So what do you want to know? Let the inquisition begin!

Are you approaching the game as more of a rogue-like/dark souls experience, where you will try, learn, die, restart until you eventually succeed a play through? Or more of a one-off experience with revelations, ups and downs but you are expected to escape on your first play?

Big Robot Developer
    Oh there's no way you won't die. Lots. Horribly.

Definitely a 'now will I survive if I try it THIS way' trial and error thing.

I've been told repeatedly that there is an update on KS this week with more gameplay details, so I won't ask about gameplay.

Rather, I wanted to ask about the graphics. I don't mean any insult by saying this, but this looks like a PS1 game. Is there going to be any kind of graphical polish, updates, or improvements at all? Or is this how the game is going to look?

Actually, I think that Sir looks awesome for two-men team. Reminds me of Morrowind. Frankly, I don't want any graphical update.

P.S. Hey, that joke made me spill my tea, why did you delete it? Porceeding with Question of the highest importance: Will that awesome humor be in the game, right? Survival horror is nice, but I'm following this project for two months because it's quite rare to find game that doesn't take itself deadly serious these days.
    Last edited by Selhan; 11-13-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Maybe it's because I do most of my gaming on consoles these days, but I thought the graphics looked rather spiffing myself.

I know it may sound cliche but as long as the final graphics are at least as good as they are now, I'd be more concerned with gameplay & performance (stability).

Big Robot Developer
    Re visuals: There aren't going to be significant overhauls of visual fidelity no. We plan to replace a few placeholder models and textures (and obviously insert additional stuff), animations are getting a total overhaul and there'll be some more shader tweakery and suchlike but in general the 'look' of the game will be as it is now. Perhaps the videos aren't doing it real justice though, because to me it looks lovely in game. Some of the islands the BCG comes up with are really quite breathtaking...

I'm interested in the tea simulation. Scavenged resources permitting, can we choose leaf blend, mug sizes, sugaration etc? Is there a tactical choice between lemon or milk?

Oh, good sir, that's splenid question. I collect old cases cases, how about some nice achievment?

I am super excited about the possibility of being hunted by torybots, but I've not got a gaming PC so much as a relatively new laptop so before I thrust some money at you I was wondering what the expected minimum specifications are? Obviously this is the kind of thing that can change so I'm not expecting an answer that's definitive but a rough guide would be fantastic!