Thread: Controller Support

Controller Support

Are you planning support for controllers like the 360 pad? I know, the shame of playing on a PC with a controller not mouse and keyboard etc, but I really am pretty bad with a mouse and keyboard, might as well be honest about it

Thanks

FWIW, I would love to see Sir on the 360. I do almost all of my gaming on the 360 (or Original Xbox, or iPad) these days and I've gotten quite used to that controller. Still, I'll play it on a PC with mouse-and-keyboard if I have to, so long as I get to play it.

Big Robot Developer
    There's very little chance of Sir appearing on 360 (it would be possible - we're using Unity - but it's not on the cards for now), but controller support is in there. You can rebind keys like in any sensible game and likewise mouse axis can be swapped for controller stick axis.

The devs said controller support is in the works. My real question is will there be analog movement that affects visibility, so that pushing the analog stick slightly makes you move slowly and also reduces your visibility, as opposed to WASD's only option of Moving/Not Moving. Not really a game changer, but it would be a nice touch.

Big Robot Developer
    I expect not for the analog finessing of visibilty tbh, sorry!

I know this might be a bit much, but it seems like the inventory controls might need a rework for the controller. On one hand, using a 360 controller frees up additional buttons, so you wouldn't need the right click context menu; instead replacing it with A to use and X to discard.
    However, the way it's set up is really optimized for mouse... trying to click and drag, or repack your inventory would be less fluid using sticks. If we want full controller support, in a well made way, I think there's going to be a need for an entire controller profile, instead of just some keybindings.

Quote Originally Posted by James Carey View Post
    I expect not for the analog finessing of visibilty tbh, sorry!
    That's a shame, I loved the way it was implemented in The Last of Us. That being said, that would really be more of neat extra anyway. Reworking the inventory of controller use does seem quite a bit more important.

That aside, marvelous game, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by James Carey View Post
    There's very little chance of Sir appearing on 360 (it would be possible - we're using Unity - but it's not on the cards for now), but controller support is in there. You can rebind keys like in any sensible game and likewise mouse axis can be swapped for controller stick axis.
    So I'm feeling a bit dense here... how is the mouse axis swapping for the controller stick axis accomplished? I don't see an option in the menu and the KeyBinds2.txt also seems to be lacking this option... help! Everything else works nicely, but it's tough to play the game without being able to look around Thanks!

I think this is going to end up being a great fit for the steam controller

Hopefully someone in our midst will get into the Steambox beta and let us know. I suppose Sir may need to be played in streaming mode initially.