Thread: Weather? Rain, Snow, Thunder, Lighting, gloomey, mist, fog. I hope is in the game

Weather? Rain, Snow, Thunder, Lighting, gloomey, mist, fog. I hope is in the game

Weather will help set the mood of this game

Administrator
    We've had a bit of play with weather, but we've not decided exactly how we're going to go it yet. We'll nail down the system we're going to use in the next couple of months, because it was dependent to some extent on the camera technology we were using. We've just updated that, which means we can play with post-process effects and other stuff with more certainty. We'll certainly show weather effects off in a video once they're implemented.

Excellent.. Even if its just a little I think in this type of game it will rally add to the over all creepy feel..

Yeh, weather really added to the overall atmosphere in the STALKER games. I hope you can get mist/fog looking good, would be awesome to see some low lying across fields with Robots emerging from it.

This isn't exactly weather related, but will you have anything ike the blowouts in the STALKER games? (Basically an environemental or other reason the player has to get out of an area/seek cover which could also mean the AI having to retreat or acting differently).