Thread: What will you be armed with?

What will you be armed with?

what will you be armed with? how do you aquire it? maybe this thread could serve as a idea for what the player gets and how.
    personally i think getting gear by A: finding it in houses/barns and stuff, or B: killing robots for it.(however this would probably be much harder)
    apart from guns, i think we should get:
    -A peice of parchment (ye ol paper) where the things you've found are marked on, kinda like "fog of war" where it only shows where you have been.
    -Telescope or binoculars. (found randomly in houses?) so that you can check the distance for ambushes
    -Some sort of camo gear? something to help you hide yourself atleast.
    -If theres a struggle of hunger, find food in houses

any other ideas?

A lot depends on what the world is going to really be like, I think. The devs seem to be keeping some of it under their hat at the moment (maybe cuz they haven't come up with all the details yet ;D)

There's an emphasis on stealth, i gather, so perhaps having loads of guns isn't going to help with that - shots may attract surrounding enemies. On the other hand taking out robots with Melee weapons may be particularly difficult! Perhaps you won't be armed at all and will simply have to avoid everyone using stealth! Maybe traps could play a part? Or, hey, maybe the tea that you're supposed to find is the only way to fry the robots' circuitry!!

I'm not sure about a map. I gather the islands aren't going to be that big so maybe running aroud blindly has a better feel for if you really were being hunted. I like the idea of telescope to spot enemies though.

Camo i think will go against the tweedness of the game (although i guess tweed could be vaguely considered camo in the right setting ;D).
    Food we already know is going to be finding tea (and maybe buiscuits?).

Other things to consider:

How densely populated will the islands be with enemies?
    Are they just after you? (I saw a comment somewhere that suggested they may be shooting each other too)
    How advanced are these robots? Do they have infra-red/night vision, for example? (If so you're probably screwed in the steath dept.!)

I also wonder how much of this is already decided and just being kept secret, to tease us!!

Administrator
    Quite a bit of the stuff in this thread already appears in the game. For example, you loot the buildings, and also fallen robots. Weapons - actual weapons like shotguns etc - are relatively rare, however. It's actually a game more about avoiding trouble - for which you will use your binoculars and compass to safely navigate the island.

Something we'll show soon are the traps and throwable objects, both of which have important roles in keeping you safe as you explore.

Neat, sounds good. I'm a great fan of Deus Ex Human Revolution and I'm looking forward to doing a bit of sneaking around!

sounds great, sounds like similar playstyle to dayz, running around scared shitless of a zombie seeing you, because you know your buggered if they see you.

Except this time they have brains to be afraid of .