Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sir, You Are Being Hunted.

Administrator
    Smerf: probably just Windows and Mac, sorry.

Koreg: I am hoping to have something playable around July.

Wampbit: We'll talk a bit more about other interactions soon. There's only going to be a few, but you will have an inventory of stuff you've collected and can use.

The world will be much simpler than what we intend to do for Lodestone, and will use standard scenery assets such as buildings and trees, create a unique landscape for them to sit on. That's the plan, at least, we'll play with it in the coming months and see how we get on. My main concern is to create something that looks believable British, and is also playable.

July, perfect time for a new beta! Thanks for the quick updates

I look forward to the progress of this, and eventually Lodestone. Sounds like a sweet way to go with a game.

July? JULY?! How dare you test my patience!

Regardless, I'm very much looking forward to it .

Quote Originally Posted by Smerf View Post
    i know this is probably commonly asked, but is there any chance for a linux version?
    I'm think they're writing it in Unity, which at some point is getting Linux export support (i.e, you'll be able to create Linux binaries with it - the editor itself will still be Win/Mac only). Once that happens, creating a Linux version will be a trivial exercise. So it's more the question of whether they want to do one, in terms of having to support an extra (crazily inconsistent) platform on top of the others. Jim has said it's unlikely, but I am ever the optimist.

Unity stuff also works flawlessly in wine, so we'll basically get it either way. Which is a good thing, as after reading Tom's post on the AI routines this is rapidly becoming my most anticipated game of the year.
    Last edited by hodge; 04-27-2012 at 07:17 PM.

The new trailer says SYABH will come to Linux. Might I ask why the decision was made? Did Unity recently make it easier?

Also, I never did follow up on AVSEQ for Steam did that pan out? How about SYABH? Perhaps via their Linux client, too, whenever it arrives?

I'm very much interested in this game, and I'll buy it regardless, mind I'm just interested in the peculiarities of OS choice and distribution, especially where indie developers are concerned.

Administrator
    Unity 4 exports to Linux, so we made the decision to upgrade. A bit pricey, but I think it's worth it to get the game out on Linux.

AVSEQ will appear on Steam in the next few weeks. We'll get that on Sir working on Steam Linux if we possibly can.