Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sir, You Are Being Hunted.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted.

They had me at "British Indie Stalker", to be fair.

I'm thoroughly excited for this. Has a whiff of Doug Chiang's Robota to it.

Can't wait to see more!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Didact; 03-12-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Edited because images don't seem to work.

Administrator
    I LOVE Robota! Occasionally reference it on RPS.

This could have a HUGE potential...that is if it's done how i picture it in my mind .
    Congrats on what you've done so far, can't wait to see and hear more of it!

Looks very much like my cup of tea. Not that I drink tea. But if I did, this would be it. In a cup.

Looks good. I think it's an unexplored game-mode. Closest thing I can think of is the Survival challenge in the Arma 2 Armory mode; you spawn in a random area on the map with your selected equipment (a car, a gun, a fighter jet, whatever) and the game spawns appropriate enemies which hunt you down., and you have to survive for a set amount of time.

Hiding from a squad of soldiers in a townhouse, running through a field pursued by a helicopter gunship. Nice 3 minute burst of fun.

I can imagine from these screenshots, trekking through the moors in the rain to a church on a hill, then seeing two specks across the valley, and feeling a lurch of fear: they are coming for me.

I look forward to seeing how you elaborate on the concept. I also look forward to that procedurally generated world. In my opinion that is the best developed part of minecraft (sorry for the comparison).

PS, you should get on twitter.

TweedPunk. It keeps getting better.

i know this is probably commonly asked, but is there any chance for a linux version?

Any idea how long until a playable beta is available for those interested?

Having read the RPS interview regarding the game I must say it seems extremely interesting. I was excited to see that Kind Hearts and Coronets was inspiring the game's atmosphere; if you can follow through on that claim I suspect the game will be something very special indeed. I always found that the film exposed the viewer's more sadistic joys, drawing you into every murder with a sense of amused trepidation, to recreate this in a game would be very hard, and I can't say I have seen anything that has succeeded on this count, but it's definitely an admirable goal.

I think it would be very interesting to hear a bit on how you want to player to interact with the world; you've already stated that you want the world to 'live', but at least some intricate interaction will be required to make this exciting; variety is paramount in non-scripted open world games, and core to the very game concept is that the variety lies in complex interaction paths rather than sheer content.

The procedurally generated world is also very interesting; I'm curious as to how you intend to generate buildings. Will you have set models, such as a standard church, which will then be inserted at certain generated triggers? Or will you try and create what would essentially be a sub-routine which then generates a 'church' to conform to certain identifying constraints? Also relevant to this question is whether players will be able to 'create' in any way?

As a final question, I too would like to know when there might be a beta or alpha release. I would pre-purchase as soon as any such option was made available, and would gladly contribute suggestions and bug reports.