We’re pushing out an update with a bunch of small fixes and tweaks today, but really big news is that Sir’s single player mode will hit v1.0 on May 1st. This, therefore, is the final patch of our Early Access period. Oh yes, it’s the end of a long road.
There will still be a few things to come after v1.0, as well as ongoing fixes and support, including multiplayer (no, no date on that yet, we’ve still got a way to go!) and also a customisation patch that will allow you mess with the game generation in-menu, rather than just in the back-end XML files. But we’ll get to those later!
For now, the big message of this latest update is: help us bug hunt!
We need as many people as possible to pile in, find problems, share logfiles, and help us get this game into the best shape it can be. There’s a bunch of changes up today, including major performance improvements. Go and try it out!
- NEW – End sequence and credits. The closing voice-over and credit page now play before you get to your stats.
- NEW – Tooltips on all items, plus roll-over instructions for inventory slots.
- NEW – Fragment counter in inventory revamped to show fragment count per island, plus current location.
- NEW – State indicators for bleeding, trapped, and starving.
- Changed some textures and vegetation detail on Rural biome.
- Major optimisation pass, up to 30% performance increase on some machines.
- Walters’ voice clips now no longer wait for each other to finish (so you don’t miss any!)
- Toy train can no longer fly into the sky on cliffs/slopes.
- Opening inventory or map with control no longer conflicts with mouse and keyboard controls.
- Landowner gets stuck less frequently.
- Background music levels fixed.
- Ruins stonework lightened.
- Bog creature sounds don’t last too long.
- Flashlight no longer appears to be made of stone.